Tuesday, September 25, 2007

capacity...

I waited patiently and expectantly for the Lord, and He inclined to me and heard my cry.
He drew me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay and set my feet upon a rock, steadying my steps and establishing my goings.
And He has put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God...

Many, O Lord my God, are the wonderful works which You have done, and Your thoughts toward us: no one can compare with You! If I should declare and speak of them, they are too many to be numbered.
Sacrifice and offering You do not desire, nor have You delight in them: You have given me the capacity to hear and obey Your law, a more valuable service than burnt offerings and sin offerings which You do not require.
Psalm 40:1-3; 5-6

we cry to the Lord and He in His mercy leans down to us, but how many times have we thrown up our hands, and are no longer patiently waiting?
our steps are ordered, but how many times do we search out our own rocky paths?
the songs are there too, but how many times do we keep them to ourselves, afraid that our voice doesn't need to be heard?
how many times does HE think about me - Wow, He really does???
we are given the capacity, but how many times do we choose not to use it?

No comments: