Wednesday, September 03, 2008

gotta love hurricanes...

growing up in Florida you get use to a hurricane or two now and then...and the traditional clean up the yard after the hurricane...well Fay hit about two weeks ago, and decided to hang out over North Florida and South Georgia for about a week dumping record rains...don't get me wrong we needed the rain but the after clean up has been not so fun...
Drove down Saturday morning to mom & dad's who have a HUGE yard on the river in Florida, and luckily for us it rained the entire time we were suppose to be cleaning up. we all voted to wait till hurricane season was over and do one big cleanup...
but that's not the best part, the last couple times I've been down I've felt I really needed to talk to mom and find out for sure that she had accepted Christ. mom is 76, and actually I've had the great opportunity to pray with my grandfather, grandmother and now mom to make sure they are certain of their relationship with Jesus. I asked mom if she remembered what i talked about at grandma's funeral, when I shared of how I got to pray with my grandmother. she nodded yes (mom can't talk much since her stroke) and I asked her if she wanted to do that - ask Jesus in her heart. She nodded yes again, and so we said a quick prayer and now like with grandma, and grandpa I know for sure...
i love hurricanes...

No comments: