Wednesday, September 06, 2006

the pot at the end of the rainbow...

a while back a friend sent me this photo...the irony at the time was hysterical - i was working out of a beautifully decorated model home, with unfortunately NO running water...each cold winter day i would trek across the barren yard to the the pink "girls only" port-a-potty, just wishing the city would catch up with the pace of the construction in the subdivision and provide us with glorious indoor plumbing. it was only a few short days after this email that my wish was granted but i held onto this photo to remind me of how grateful we should be, but how ungrateful we normally are. there are people on this earth that have never even seen running water, much less a port-o-potty...that we, as americans, seem to be entitled to, or to have right to...

my dad told me a long time ago the only right we have as an employee is the right to quit. my grandpa told me too that you have no right to complain, if you have no solution to the problem yourself. my Heavenly Father also tells me that I gave up all my rights when I chose to follow His Son Jesus...the only right i have is in Him, to take up my cross daily and follow Him, the rest i lay down, mostly willingly, sometimes hesitantly...

I'm glad the rainbow ends right there, it's a constant reminder of how privileged we are and how grateful we should be...

No comments: